Increase Minimum Salaries
An act relating to school personnel; increasing statutory minimum salaries for level one, level two and level three-a teachers; making an appropriation.
- Senate Bill 119 (SB119) amends the School Personnel Act to increase the statutory minimum teacher salaries and provide for minimum teacher salaries of:
- $36 thousand for level 1 teachers
- $44 thousand for level 2 teachers, and
- $54 thousand for level 3-A teachers. (source: NMLegis.gov)
- Viante New Mexico supports this bill because we believe that in order to have better outcomes for our students we must support and invest in the people who are on the front lines of improving education in New Mexico. This bill is also in line with Viante New Mexico’s mission to increase funding to the classroom.