1. Prepare a Sample Ballot Before You Depart.
This will ensure you are not rushed at the poll and that you are casting an educated vote. If you want to know how to put one together, watch Viante’s “Know Before You Go” video to educate yourself on who and what to vote for. You can also visit our resources page to for more information about voting in New Mexico.
2. Find Out Where You Can Vote
You can vote at your precinct or at any Voting Convenience Center in your county.
We know the limited time that you do have is precious, and you don’t have a lot of time to figure out what location is most convenient for you. That’s why Viante has created an interactive map for election day voting and for early voting to see what works best for you.
3. What To Bring to the Polls
Bring an ID if you recently registered to vote for the first time, but for everyone else, all you will have to do is provide a verbal or written statement of identification including your name, year of birth, and registered address.
4. Filling Out Your Ballot
- You don’t have to cast a vote for everything on your ballot… your ballot is still counted even if you can’t decide on every item.
- Your votes are confidential! You don’t have to worry about someone finding out how you voted. The only public information will be IF you voted.
- Do you want to write in a candidate that you don’t see listed? NO PROBLEM! Simply fill in the bubble and write their name clearly next to the bubble
- Finally, if you want unbiased, nonpartisan information on who and what to vote for, visit Viante New Mexico and we will help you become an educated voter.
That’s it! Voting is that easy.
The future of New Mexico is in your hands! Do your part by becoming an educated voter today.
If you know someone who would find this information helpful, like a first-time voter, please feel free to share.